The Guardian uses statistics and studies to prove their point. They took an extremely popular book and had multiple studies on it to prove their theory. It also used the Harry Potter series and compared it to the Twilight series. Both books ended in the same results, personality and influence wise. The authors also used words like 'limited' and 'constant', which gave you a feel of how they measured what they're talking about.
I actually agree with the author's claim. I do think that books influence a person and how they behave or treat the world. When I read 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green, for a while I would treat each day like my last and I would always say goodbye and hug and kiss everyone when I was leaving. Sometimes I get so lost into my book I imagine myself as the character. The line "its a clear psychological effect on reading fiction" stood out to me, because the author is saying it like its an obvious thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment